Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

DEMA

Started by CDesperado ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

DEMA

11 posts
  1. Just wondering if anyone was going to DEMA this year in Miami?

     

    Several people I have talked to (both individuals and businesses) are saying that they wont be going this year for reasons ranging from the price of airfare to get all the way to Miami, to the exorbitant hotel rates once you get there, to the financial recession making it economically un-feasible to go.

     

    Personally, I was planning to go to this year, but I wont be back in time from my trip to go.

     

    Anyway... just curious if anyone here was going. Thought there might be some interesting products being shown that may be of interest to us here...

  2. I will be there the first day and a half.

  3. What are the dates again?

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. James -- you had better know the dates! You're GOING! :unsure:

    http://demashow.com/

     

    Oct 8-11.

  5. LOL James... btw, if you are going you better book your room soon. I hear that there is another convention in town or something and that there will be some availability problems later.

     

    It's too bad that they moved it to the beginning of Oct rather than the end of Oct. :unsure:

  6. James and I are staying at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. If others from Wetpixel show up at DEMA, we'll have to all get together!

     

    There's also a possibility of a trip between DEMA and Antibes. I'll keep y'all informed...

  7. I'm excited! I'm sure the chance to meet all these great people is going to be cool, but heck, I've never been to Miami before either.

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. They moved it so as to not conflict with my dive trip! I'm only there the first night but would like to meet some wetpixelians. Not James though. :unsure:

     

    I believe I got a room for $79 close to the show. My travel agent booked a block of them.

  9. Too bad I don't still live in N. Lauderdale....ya'll could crash on my sofabed... B)

  10. I'm cheap so I booked the Best Western...

     

    But, most of you are not dive professionals or shop owners, correct, so how will you attend?

     

    I liked the February show much better; others swear by the new show time. The fall show has me miss 1+ week of prime diving season to negotiate with vendors and see new stuff...

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.