Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Housing for a Sony DSC-P9

Started by jcatterm ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing for a Sony DSC-P9

2 posts
  1. Help please.

    I am looking to buy a housing for a Sony DSC-P9. Tyhe only one I can find is the Sony MPK-P9.

     

    I have three questions which I need help with please...

     

    1) Is the MPK-P9 any good? What are it's pros and cons?

     

    2) Is there an alternative to the MPK-P9?

     

    3) What about lighting/strobes? Are then any models around that integrate with the MPK-P9 and if so are they any good? (I saw the MArine PK light online, not sure about that)

     

    Any help would be most welcome.

     

    Thanks

  2. I have been using P9 with Sony's MPKP9 houising for over a year.

     

    ANS 1: Good enough for beginner use - me!

    Pros : Light and small. Easy set-up.

    Cons: Limited ad-on lens etc. Usually costly. Check out Sea and Sea.

     

    ANS 2: Not aware of any other housing for P9. Don't think there is another out there.

     

    ANS 3: I bought Sony's red filter. Bought Sea and Sea Macro 3T lens and MPK adapter for the macro len to sit. Frankly, if you are serious, go for more serious camera and housing.

     

    I may consider selling my Sony P9 underwater set (Sony housing; Sony red filter, S&S P9 adapter; S&S Macro lens 3T). Will keep the camera for regular use, it is small and convenience.

     

    Cheers.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.