- 11Posts
- 11Replies
Read-only discussion
Secure Your gear
-
-
Too funny (sorry about the O-Ring, but probably worth it for the shot
)Kidding aside, you may want to do a quick check of the other gear to see if anything was munched on and whether anything is missing which could cause issues if ingested.....
-
That has just put a smile on my face.

Stew
-
Awwww... Reminds me of my old puddy cat 'Big Tig'... Dive safe
DeanB
-
Hey Karel that's one beautiful fluffy cat.
I've got two Birmans, they produce enough fur to knit another cat every week, most of it seems to end up on my O rings.
They play with my gear all the time my back is turned and want so desparately to help me assemble everything.
They've destroyed O rings, chewed a synch cable and lost my blanking plugs.
I wouldn't swap them for anything (well maybe a D3x and Subal....only kidding)
This is where O rings go to die
Nige Wade
-
When I had a new kitten in the house (he's now 3 1/2), I was amused to find him curled up inside my ikelite housing - maybe all the little pegs and knobs were provided an acupressure treatment? It was cute, he didn't knaw on anything and his fur wasn't shedding at that point. Batteries were dead or I would have a cute photo, too!!
You gotta love cats!!
-
Hilarious photo. I would not know whether to laugh or cry.
-
Very funny. Alex
-
Hi all!
So this is what I find when coming home from work.
Left my gear drying on the sofa and this is the result..."well" maintaned O-ring.
So beware, pets may be merciless when You turn Your back!
p.s. I do feed her well tough!!
Cheers
Karel
Mine has discovered that my Powerbook is nice and warm to sit on - no problem when its just been closed, but when its open.... so far she's deleted emails, logged me out and written some very long emails - if a bit short on vowels. She doesn't like the bleeping which sometimes starts and looks irritated when it goes on and on after she's sat on the keyboard.
-
Be careful!
I had a sailing buddy whose cat swallowed one of his leather work boot laces. Once inside the cat, the lace promptly tied itself into several large knots which were too large to pass. The veterinary bill for the removal of the shoe lace ranged up around the $1000.00 CAN figure.
Although it was a little rough on the cat, the rest of the sailing crew had a great time trying to cajole him into telling us how much he paid to have the shoe lace removed. The issue became the “cause celeb” for the rest of the sailing season.


-
Some really funny storys!

And Poliwog, I think You are right as well - safety first

Thanks for sharing You'r experiences everybody - I see I'm not alone with these problems

Cheers
Karel