Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Macro talk tonight, Bristol, UK

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Macro talk tonight, Bristol, UK

4 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Tonight I am giving a talk on lighting for macro and close up photography at the Bristol Underwater Photography Group.

     

    It is a new talk and is illustrated mostly with images taken in 2009 from my trips to Cayman, Lembeh and Raja Ampat.

     

    Including details of my new ring flash and much more.

     

    Alex

     

    testing_times.jpg

     

    Cay09_am13.jpg

     

    LMB09_02.jpg

  2. Have a drink at the Nocturne afterwards... best lounge in Bristol! :bye:

  3. I love that first shot. Knowing you took it, the lighting was intentional. If I took it, probably would be considered an accident. :bye:

  4. I love that first shot. Knowing you took it, the lighting was intentional. If I took it, probably would be considered an accident. :bye:

     

    The strobe had egg crate and a funnel on the front - so there was a degree of planning!

     

    I'm gonna be heading straight home, Drew, rather than larging it in Brissle. Still shaking off the last of my jet lag - staying up past midnight is still tough.

     

    Alex

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.