Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Miniature crinoid shrimp

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Miniature crinoid shrimp

9 posts
  1. Ok, here's one I have not been able to track down. We're talking puny 5 or 6mm or 1/4 inch for the USA.

    Doesn't look like the regular confusing Laomenes or Periclimenes.

    Any shrimpy id people out there?? It's from Lembeh.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

    post-1116-1237091517.jpg

    Edited by scubamarli
  2. Periclimenes cornutus? I'm no expert, but flipping through Debelius' Crustacea Guide of the World resulted in this similar looking guy up to 15 mm and known among Indonesia's crinoids.

  3. Hey, Jerry,

    Thanks. I'm not so trusting of the Debelius books. Cornutus doesn't really match. I use the books when all else fails, but there are lots of errors.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  4. Ok Marli, I understand your perspective and will be curious to see the opinions on this. Very interesting indeed and a great find you have there. I love these little guys!

  5. After hours of web searching, I'm coming up blank. The eyes are wrong for Laomenes. No big claws, either. Perhaps Periclimenes marli :drink:

     

    Cheers, and thanks for the input.

     

    Marli

  6. I sent your photo on to my Oxford correspondent. His reply is sorta what I expected: "That is of course a photo of Shrimpoboggle nocluensis. Never seen that before, but not a Laomenes that is for sure."

  7. "That is of course a photo of Shrimpoboggle nocluensis. Never seen that before, but not a Laomenes that is for sure."

     

    Well, nice to know I'm right on both counts......and no further ahead :drink:

     

    Thanks, Leslie!

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  8. well, Ivan says: Periclimenes commensalis, typical colour ...

  9. Hmmmm......thanks for checking, Art!

     

    Marli

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.