Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom move files

Started by PRC ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom move files

5 posts
  1. Lightroom 2.3

    Windows

     

    Ok - I am led to believe that I should be able to drag and drop files from within Lightroom - only be darned if it works for me!

     

    If I drag a file from say the grid view of 'Library' over to another folder - well it just does not work.

     

    I have even created a new catalog to try this out on with only a handful of shots in - same.

     

    Some setting somewhere ? Anyone been here before me ?

     

    Paul C

  2. OK.

     

    As is sometimes the case - I answered myself eventually!

     

    You seem to need to drag and drop from the centre of the picture itself rather than the border / surrounding area of the image.

     

    Kindof wonkey - but there you are.

     

     

    Paul C

  3. Glad you figured it out Paul, Yep, you have to click on the image itself to move it not the frame around it. Glad you're having fun. Here's a cool tip; If you want to speed up picking your favorites to show around the pizza at Alex's next party. In the library mode use "P" to flag the great shots as picks. If you hold down the shift key when you hit the "P" it will automatically load the next shot to review. Tons faster.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  4. Thanks Steve - like all thing Adobe there are about 3.7e4 ways of doing most everything !

     

    I will try that out.

     

    (Don't get pizza invites from Alex - must have made too much mess at some point or other).

     

    Paul C

  5. (Don't get pizza invites from Alex - must have made too much mess at some point or other).

     

     

    LOL! I was thinking of the pool deck in Cayman. :vava:

     

    Have fun,

    Steve

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.