Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Octopus Attacks

Started by MikeVeitch ·

  • 17Posts
  • 17Replies

Read-only discussion

Octopus Attacks

17 posts
  1. Dramatic eh?

    haha

     

    I have finally gotten around to edit some of the video I have been taking in Lembeh. Here is a short clip of an octopus attacking something buried in the sand, flounder maybe? I like how it walks around on its legs :)

     

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  2. I think he's tip-toeing!!!!...so as not to alert the prey. Way cool!

  3. Very cool. I saw it on FB but I couldn't comment. You don't want to be friends anymore? :)

  4. That's really neat Mike. Creature is not bothered with your presence there which is great.

     

    Didn't think the D70 did video - firmware upgrade was it ?

     

    Paul C

  5. Thanks all :)

     

    Not sure why you couldn't comment Ellen, thats a bit strange.

     

    Paul, thats my Z1... another ancient camera that needs upgrading :)

  6. What kind of lights do you use?

  7. thats my Z1... another ancient camera that needs upgrading :)

     

    Good stuff just like you get from the "old" still camera :)

  8. Real cool footage Mike.

  9. He goes all spotty in the heat of battle. Very cool footage Mike

  10. That is one seriously cool video! I love it!

  11. Does anyone know what species of octopus that is? It looks very similar to a Caribbean species, not too sure if it should be here.

  12. O. Luteus.

  13. Cool vid Mike! Wish I was in Lembeh :)

     

    Cheers, Simon

    Edited by SimonSpear
  14. Nice.

     

    There are night octopuses around the world that look broadly similar to this - and they all dislike me (I have wasted many night dives with wide angle chasing them)!

     

    From the location this issurely O. luteus as Drew said.

     

    Alex

  15. Great footage Mike!!

    Thanks for sharing!

     

    Karel

  16. What kind of lights do you use?

     

    Hi Ellen, looks like i missed this question :D

     

    I use UK lite cannons actually.. not the brightest but they get the job done on macro :)

     

    Thanks for the comments everyone.

     

    Mike

  17. What a spazz attack.

    See those up top LCD windows on housing come in useful don't they?

     

    Hey, did you get that zip file I loaded up for you?

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.