Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Nudie for you...!

Started by indigo ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudie for you...!

7 posts
  1. Again, checked all the books and resources that I have, but not able to get an ID on this fellow..... would like to put a name to a nudie face!

     

    Depth approx 50ft, muck dive, Over There / St. Vincent

     

    St. Vincent nudi 1

    St. Vincent nudi 2

     

    One of the photographers that was diving with me at the time has some SUPERB shots of the same nudi if required for ID purposes.

     

    Thanks again!

     

    Kay Wilson,

    Indigo Dive,

    St. Vincent

    Edited by indigo
  2. Marli,

     

    Thanks!

     

    Does it have a common name?

     

    Thanks again,

     

    Kay Wilson

  3. Nope, no common name. Just make one up! :D

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  4. Nice nudi Kay, I haven't seen that one before.

     

    For a name, how about Kay's Flabby? :D

  5. Cheeky! (But I have been drinking rather a lot of post dive beers recently so you are not too far off the mark :D !

     

    Flabellina is a great name, so I'll stick with that!

     

    I've never seen this nudie before, so was really surprised, especially as this spot seems to be a favourite with the sea slugs. Where there is one

    I hope that there will be more.

     

    PS I now have a Facebook page for Indigo Dive, St. Vincent where I upload photos etc.... the URL is

     

    http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?aid=...ent/86847095454

     

    Please take a look at let me know what you think!

    Edited by indigo
  6. Hi Kaye,

    Excellent Find! You will find Flabellina engeli shown on Page 240 of "Caribbean Sea Slugs".

    We will now add St Vincent to the Geographic Range.

    Hope to get down to dive with you sometime.

    And a shameless plug for the book, you can get "Caribbean Sea Slugs" from www.seachallengers.com or from Amazon.

    Anne DuPont

    Edited by Annediver
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.