Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Sascha from Kararu

Started by underwatercolours ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Sascha from Kararu

10 posts
  1. I just heard from a friend that Sascha from Kararu has been in a motorcycle accident. The news is not good. Does anyone know more?

  2. Last Saturday we were informed that Sascha died as a result of this accident. Susan and I are still in shock.

    We spent quite a bit of time with Sascha and his wife Lisa at DEMA last October.

     

    Our condolences go out to Lisa and their kids.

     

    -Brad

  3. We heard the news last week while in Ambon. I didn't want to post without confirmation.

  4. I heard the same while on the Komodo Dancer last week.

     

    Phil

  5. FYI for those who want to make it, Sascha's memorial is on April 11th, this saturday in Tulamben.

  6. The Memorial service for Sascha on Voyager at Tulamben April 11 was very well attended. After the service Sascha's ashes were spread in the sea he loved so much. After the ceremony, Voyager departed Tulamben for Padangbai. Additional friends of Sascha boarded Voyager that evening for a big party to celebrate Sascha's life. Loads of people had responded to Berkley White's call for images of Sascha and we were able to put a multimedia presentation up at the party. I've posted it on YouTube for all to share. Due to YouTube's restriction of 10 minutes (program was 10:29), I had to split the small intro section off and post it separately. To see it in order, first watch the "Intro to Remembering Sascha", then the main event: "Remembering Sascha". We were also fortunate to get a video clip that was recorded last summer when Sascha attended a meditation course in Ubud and I have also uploaded it. It's pure Sascha and very poignant considering the circumstances.

     

    The videos are at: http://www.youtube.com/user/KararuDiveVoyages

     

    Please pass it on and I know that Lisa would appreciate any comments you would care to leave.

  7. I didn't know Sascha all that well, but I always enjoyed his company (the energy!!). I wish I could have been there at the memorial service.

     

    I've inlined the videos here.

     

     

     

    Sascha Speaks at Meditation Course

    Edited by echeng
  8. Steve and Berk, you guys did a beautiful job on the slideshow. I'm sure Lisa and the kids will keep that for the rest of their lives. Sascha will be soooo missed.

  9. Never met Sascha; but clearly from watching the clips, one immediately had to like him. my condolences to his family.

  10. I've got the HD version of the "Remembering Sascha" multimedia presentation uploaded now too. Took forever since our bandwidth here in bali is quite slow at times and if you get 18 hours into the upload and lose the connection, you get to start all over again :<(

     

    At any rate, it's live as of a few minutes ago.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.