Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zeiss 18mm for Canon

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Zeiss 18mm for Canon

10 posts
  1. The Zeiss 18mm is going to be available in Canon mount soon:

    Zeiss to make 18mm F3.5 for Canon:

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09032702...p5_18_canon.asp

     

    Nice. Their will be a bit more of this to come I think, as the filmmakers start to increase the makers for EOS mount lenses. Who knows, if Canon make a high end digital cinema camera, it would make sense to have an EOS mount.

  2. Zeiss Zeiss Baby!

     

    I was a little disappointed with the 50mm ZE. Warmer but not much different from the EF50 in sharpness. The 21 (now delayed til June) is the one I want. Got my EC-S and EE-S all ready for it.

  3. We have one of our Pros in the field with this lens already, waiting for some feedback, shouldn't be long to come.

     

    I too see a niche for this lenses with the Canon, as for Nikon mount, I dunno if they will bypass the aperture ring, cause no one is accessing aperture this way anymore.

  4. Thanks, Jean. I look forward to hearing how it performed.

  5. the 18ZE is available from BH and others in the US

     

    if you're really interested in a Zeiss lens, Lloyd Chamber's tests on diglloyd.com are well worth the subscription

  6. Yeah, thinking about getting a 5D and the 18ZE. I have the 17-40 but would prefer a wide, sharp prime.

  7. the Voigtlander 20mm pancake lens for Canon is also available (but not widely) - i'm going to try it as an alternative to the 17-40 when it becomes more widely available. stopped down it's reputed to be generally comparable to the Zeiss 18 which is not the best of their lenses

  8. Interesting. I certainly like the price and weight. I could buy that one without feeling like I have to sell the 17-40.

     

    Adorama has it right now, but for $50 more than what B&H charges: http://www.adorama.com/VT2035EOS.html

     

    Nice that you can control the aperture from the camera, too.

     

    Thanks for the tip.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.