Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Antarctica

Started by dareksepiolo ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Antarctica

14 posts
  1. Just got back from the white continent - the 7th one I dove. Pretty amazing place.

    http://vimeo.com/3890238

     

    It was shot with EX1 in custom made housing.

  2. Congrats on the 7th Darek, :D

    You really captured the stark wonder of the location. Loved the single red kelp shot on the bare rock. Beautiful. I took the opportunity to view the Galapogos video will I was looking. Another amazing place. Loved the sequence where the diver is swimming his fins off to stay with the WS that's barely moving. Normally I would have been upset at him for ruining the shot but his exaltation at the end almost makes it worth it.

    The music of Hans Zimmer really works well. Reminded me of the way I feel when I'm diving well, if that makes any sense.

    Very memorable, thanks!

    Steve

  3. Thank you Steve :D

    I was quite upset at the DM to scare the whale shark but once I looked at the shot I thought he made it, as you said :)

    Darek

  4. Fabulous clip. :D

  5. WOW... that was pretty cool.

  6. WOW!

  7. Thx for the wows :turtle:

  8. Hi!

     

    I have an EX1 on the job and it would be great if I can have some more info about your custom made housing for the EX1.

    Only Gates and Sealux made a housing for the EX1 and they are expensive...

    Do you have photos of the housing? Maybe some drawings?

    You can send it to glenn dot dewilde at telenet dot be

     

    Thanks a lot!

     

    G.

  9. Very nice videos!! Antarctica is very high on my list. I hope to get there one day soon! Would love to hear more about your custom housing.

  10. Thank you Mike.

     

    Regarding the housing... it's made here in Poland by a friend of mine Bartek Grynda and his comapny Gralmarine:

    www.gralmarine.com

     

    It's got all I need. All functions copied from the IR controller plus manual white balance plus original Seacam S45 viewfinder at the back! :P Plus 2 powerful lights and crappy monitor that I have to replace.

    There is EX1 plus Sony x0.8 wide angle converter inside. No vignetting at full wide.

     

    Darek

    post-7239-1239046511.jpg

    post-7239-1239046682.jpg

    Edited by dareksepiolo
  11. Veri nice Darek

     

    The video takes and cuts are amazing. A touch of your soul among them.

     

    Thanks,

  12. That was so good I feel like you should have charged me for watching. The Galapagos stuff....phenomenol and breathtaking.

  13. Beautiful.

  14. Thank you guys.

    Gary, you can make a donation :(

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.