Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Short Video of Cavern Choc Mool Cenote Mexico

Started by wolfeeldiver ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Short Video of Cavern Choc Mool Cenote Mexico

5 posts
  1. Heres a link to a short video taken last weekend while in the Mexican Mayan Riveria. My buddy and I made a scuba dive in an underwater cavern, a "Cenote" while there. It was an amazing experience and I'm ready to try it again.

     

    Click on the link below to see the video.

    http://www.vimeo.com/3897218

     

    Taken with a little Sony HC7, Gates Housing, and L&M Sunray 1000 LED lights.

     

    Enjoy!

     

    Mike Meagher

  2. Thanks Mike!

    Looks like fun, pardon my ignorance, I've never been there, Wouldn't be a good idea to have a line with you?

     

    Steve

  3. Thanks Mike!

    Looks like fun, pardon my ignorance, I've never been there, Wouldn't be a good idea to have a line with you?

     

    Steve

    Theres NO WAY that I would have done that "on my own". We were part of a guided Cavern Dive, which some dive shops in the area offer for experienced certified diver. We dove with a shop named Manta Divers, and they were really safety oriented, gave a great briefing and was attentive to our air and situation at all times. A certified cave diving instructor led our group of 4 divers. We followed him, and only penetrated just a little ways into the system. Plus, there were also permanent lines all about the system. We made two separate dives in the day, with a max. depth of about 45 feet.

     

    By their accounts, this cavern area in Mexico is one of the best in the world for cavern diving. I highly recommend taking a guided cavern dive if you happen to get to the area, are a comfortable diver with an overhead environment. I'm ready to do it again.

    Edited by wolfeeldiver
  4. Yeah, I noticed the lead diver had twins. Looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing your fun.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  5. Very nice video. It brought back memories as my family and I dove several cenotes, including Choc Mool, last summer. My whole family loved the beautiful formations in the Mexican cenotes. However, I still can't get them to go cave diving with me!! :D

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.