Hello, all.
I have been shooting with a Canon A720IS in a Canon housing for a while, and have finally invested in an Ikelite housing for my 30D. I got the 30D housing plus the DS-160 strobe kit (with the ball joint system and TTL).
Everything arrived fine except for one port -- the Canon 17-85 port had a crack straight out of the box. Makes me think twice about Ikelite QC. It's also disappointing that Ikelite didn't cover the shipping on this exchange, but, oh, well.
In any case, I have a few questions after fooling around "above the water":
1) I don't seem to be able to tighten the ball joints sufficiently for the strobe not to move under its own weight (and I'm no weakling). Is this normal?
2) It is virtually impossible for me to "half-press" the shutter to lock focus. I either don't do anything or I snap a frame. I can't imagine trying to do this with cold water gloves on. What's the trick?
3) Some trial shots that I have taken seem to indicate that the TTL is a little off -- things are underexposed consistently by about 1/2 - 1 stop. FEC takes care of this. Is this normal?
Thanks,
Dan