Can anyone tell me how rear sync is triggered?
We have wired two cables to two land, Nikon SB flash guns using 5 pins on the primary flash and 3 pins on the second flash. They give correct TTL on front curtain sync.
When using rear-sync, the 2nd gun fires a full dump instantly whilst the primary flash gets the correct delay and gives correct TTL.
The N/F 90 manual states that it is not possible to use multiple flash guns in rear sync. (although the older F601 will)
Now my friend has used an underwater Nikon SB104 as the primary gun and now the second land SB gun syncs in rear curtain and its trigger is delayed in sync with the SB104. Both Give correct TTL.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is? What is happening with the triggering?
It is the same wiring, the only difference is the SB104. We have tried 4 different land SB flashes 25/26/28/80DX in different combinations.
I have spoke to Nikon UK and "they don't have that information". I was told to write to Japan!
The only information they could give me is that "rear curtain sync will only work with the flash gun mounted directly on top of the camera". Not true I told them!
The rear sync is important for me as I use it to record/create movement and enables me to get water colour at depth. I have used a S&S YS 90 on slave up to now and it is a hit and miss affair.
A separate slave sensor maybe a solution but I do not know of a Nikon compatible version.
PauP