Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Music

Started by seansrs968 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Music

5 posts
  1. Does anyone have suggestions where to get some good music to add into videos when doing the editing? I am more into the new age type of music for UW video.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Sean

  2. Try http://www.Jamendo.com They offer many tracks in a multitude of styles. A lot can be used FOC if the composer/musician is mentioned in credits.

     

    Cheers

     

    Roger

  3. If you're just using sound tracks for personal use (friends, family, etc) & not for any commercial purposes, can't you use anything you like? At least that's my understanding. For commercial use you do need permission from the artist/recording company.

  4. If you're just using sound tracks for personal use (friends, family, etc) & not for any commercial purposes, can't you use anything you like? At least that's my understanding. For commercial use you do need permission from the artist/recording company.

     

    If it is just for friends and family etc who would report you anyway??? If you stick it on the web then you would need permission but look at how many people have videos on You-Tube etc which use non royalty free music. If your not selling it or wanting to enter it into comps etc I would use whatever you want.

  5. Most comps do require that you have permission to use the music in your film, although one festival that has this clause in their rules had a film with a Beetles soundtrack showing and I doubt the author had permission to use that! I don't think you'd have any problem posting films with copyright protected soundtracks on YouTube though as they have an agreement with the music industry and pay them a rights fee using a similar system to broadcast TV (although I doubt it is as specific to individual songs).

     

    Just FYI licensing music for Film/DVD production is not cheap. I was quoted over £3000 per track recently for a couple of songs I wanted to use on a small project. Obviously I found alternatives! :turtle:

     

    Cheers, Simon

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.