Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Bali: Dragonet?

Started by M.Henke ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Bali: Dragonet?

4 posts
  1. I think this is a dragonet, but I am not able to ID the species.

    post-14523-1238394926.jpg

     

    post-14523-1238394958.jpg

     

    post-14523-1238395169.jpg

    Thanks for your help.

    Cheers

    Michael

  2. Hi Michael,

     

    I think what you have here is a triplefin..and I don't mean the Helcogramma striata. Might be a Enneapterygius mirabilis.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. Neat fish - almost missed him in the first pic. Bali has an amazing variety of marine life, often over looked as a serious diving destination. I've seen for species there than Lembeh.

    Edited by jcclink
  4. Hi Marli,

    thanks for the help. After searching I agree it is a triplefin and also E. mirabilis looks good. The problem is that there are not many references for it. So I will send the pictures to fishbase as a E. mirabilis and wait what they think. :-)

    Cheers,

    Michael

    Edited by M.Henke
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.