Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

INON UWL-100 + dome for Ikelite & Sony F707?

Started by voets ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

INON UWL-100 + dome for Ikelite & Sony F707?

2 posts
  1. Some food for thought.

    I have a Sony F707 in an Ikelite housing.

    The normal add-on wide-angle lenses will not function entirely due to the large diameter of the sony lens.

    That is, you will see part of the edge of the lens at full-wide.

    Zooming will resolve that but also trash the effect of the wide-angle ad-on lens.

     

    The INON UWL-100 promises some 90 to 100 degree field of vision on a olympus. With the matched Dome port it goes up to something like 135 degrees.

     

    What would the effect be if I screw this setup on my Ikelite housing? Does it need more zooming to remove the edges? Or will the amount of zoom be the same as if I wouldn't add a dome and gives the additional dome my greatly wanted wide angle solution?

     

    So is the amount of zoom I need to do to remove vignetting independent of the wideness of the lens in front?

    Any thoughts?

  2. I have the same problem

     

    I just bought Ikelite housing and now started to search for WA lens

     

    Don't know what to do

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.