Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Archos AV320 Review

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Archos AV320 Review

2 posts
  1. 0,3363,sz=1&i=26004,00.gif

     

    http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973...,1202660,00.asp

     

    "The $550 AV320 has a 4" LCD display, a 20GB hard-disk, and records and plays back audio and video – along with photos. The AV340 is identical except that it has a 40GB hard-drive and costs a bit more. But the AV320 and AV340 are more than just media players, they're media recorders as well. Out of the box both can record line-level analog audio as well as digital audio. There's also a built-in microphone for recording interviews, voice memos, or whatever you want. And with a hardware attachment included with the package, these devices can record video too."...

     

    ---

     

    I presume that there is a CF reader attachment of some sort.

     

    I would actually much rather my CF reader backup device just show file names and sizes because they currently are far too slow to really show a 6 or 11MP image in any usable way. Plus, we shoot RAW, anyway.

     

    I guess a screen doesn't hurt. But what I really want is something that will do verification, too!

  2. Neat looking machine. What sort of protection does that screen have?

     

    I have a Innoplus Phototainer and that will display a 6m image in about 7seconds. It will also display TIF files and even the Fuji RAF (RAW) files.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.