Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Hello.

Started by dspphoto ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Hello.

10 posts
  1. Hello.

     

    I'm Dano. Snowboard photographer by day, relatively new to shooting underwater and 6 weeks away from spending another summer in Roatan. Been lurking here for a long, long time and finally decided to say hello.

     

    Tell me Canadians, where can a guy buy underwater photo gear in Canada?

     

    I'm here: www.danopendygrasse.com if anyone is bored on a Sunday.

     

    Cheers,

     

    d.

    Edited by dspphoto
  2. Welcome :) (I am not Canadian though :P )

  3. Hi Dano,

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel! As you've seen by lurking here, it's a great place :P

     

    I took a look at your website and was very impressed with your snowboard photography. You've got some great images there! Thanks for sharing them with us. I've been to Whistler before and your images helped me to see the place in an entirely new light!

     

    It's clear to me that your enormous talent in topside photography will no doubt carry over to your underwater photography.

     

    I can't answer your question directly, but I'm going to steer you to the following place, Reef Photo and Video:

     

    Reef Photo

     

    A lot of folks on this board buy their uw photo gear from Reef Photo, including myself, and have been very pleased. I encourage you to contact Ryan Canon at Reef Photo. I'm not sure about the exchange rate at the moment, but if it's favorable enough for you to buy in the US, you won't be disappointed with both their sales and service.

     

    Also, I'm sure some of the Canadians who post here will jump in with their recommendations.

     

    Again, I warmly welcome you to wetpixel.

     

    Ellen

  4. Hi Dano,

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel! As you've seen by lurking here, it's a great place :P

     

    I took a look at your website and was very impressed with your snowboard photography. You've got some great images there! Thanks for sharing them with us. I've been to Whistler before and your images helped me to see the place in an entirely new light!

     

    It's clear to me that your enormous talent in topside photography will no doubt carry over to your underwater photography.

     

    I can't answer your question directly, but I'm going to steer you to the following place, Reef Photo and Video:

     

    Reef Photo

     

    A lot of folks on this board buy their uw photo gear from Reef Photo, including myself, and have been very pleased. I encourage you to contact Ryan Canon at Reef Photo. I'm not sure about the exchange rate at the moment, but if it's favorable enough for you to buy in the US, you won't be disappointed with both their sales and service.

     

    Also, I'm sure some of the Canadians who post here will jump in with their recommendations.

     

    Again, I warmly welcome you to wetpixel.

     

    Ellen

     

    Thanks for the nice words Ellen,

     

    I've used Reef photo before and was really impressed with their customer service, I'm just trying to avoid exchange rates and customs charges. And I like to support local small business when I can. It seems like there may not be that many options to buy Canadian though so I may be back to Reef sooner than later.

     

    Cheers,

     

    D.

  5. Take a look here

     

    http://aquatica.ca/subpages/dealers/canada.html

     

    Aquatica lists their dealers, so they may be good stores to start with (customs and the rest can be a bear and drive up the costs as you mentioned.)

     

    BTW my wife is Canadian (Should have mentioned that I guess) :P

  6. Take a look here

     

    http://aquatica.ca/subpages/dealers/canada.html

     

    Aquatica lists their dealers, so they may be good stores to start with (customs and the rest can be a bear and drive up the costs as you mentioned.)

     

    Thanks very much. Looks like I might be going to Surrey...

     

    BTW my wife is Canadian (Should have mentioned that I guess) :P

     

    So's mine! She's responsible for this whole diving thing in the first place. Now I spend half my life chasing her to warm beaches.

     

    Cheers,

     

    d.

  7. Hi Dano!

     

    I will be on Roatan in mid-may, on the west end but for only a week. Perhaps we will cross paths.

    Will you be there the middle of May?

    Dave

  8. Surrey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

    I will be there in August.. haha.

     

    Welcome to the board.

  9. Hi Dano!

     

    I will be on Roatan in mid-may, on the west end but for only a week. Perhaps we will cross paths.

    Will you be there the middle of May?

    Dave

     

    I arrive May 16th. My wife gets there on the first. Counting the days!

  10. Surrey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

    I will be there in August.. haha.

     

    Welcome to the board.

     

    Thanks Mike,

     

    Given the choice of Surrey or Indo I think I'd probably take the latter. You know why seagulls fly upside down over Surrey?

     

    d.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.