Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Nudibranch ID???

Started by fforbes ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudibranch ID???

5 posts
  1. I had not seen this nudi(s) before and can't find him in the Caribbean Sea slug book. Any thoughts? Thanks,

     

    Fletcherpost-3320-1239032486.jpg

  2. Common name I believe is RED-TIPPED SEA GODDESS. I took a pic of one in Key Largo.

  3. Hey, Fletcher!

     

    Yep. Glossodoris sedna is normally found in the Pacific Ocean, but has been reported from Florida.

     

    Jim

  4. Hi Fletcher,

     

    What a beautiful photo of a pair of Glossodoris you found there!

     

    Your nudibranchs are indeed "Glossodoris sedna".

     

    It is found on page 146 of Caribbean Sea Slugs.

     

    And, I'm happy that you are using the book.

    Anne DuPont

    (Caribbean Sea Slugs)

    Edited by Annediver
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.