Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Underwater Face of Australia

Started by jonny shaw ·

  • 17Posts
  • 17Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater Face of Australia

17 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    The voting is now open for the Underwater channel 'Face of Australia'. Looks like some great contenders but I would love you all to vote for me obviously :P

     

    http://www.theunderwaterchannel.tv/face-of...tralia/jon-shaw

     

    Good luck to other candidates.

     

    Cheers

     

    Jon

  2. VOTE JONNY SHAW... VOTE JONNY SHAW... VOTE JONNY SHAW

     

    Jonny... Mate, my hopes are with you bro...But Hayley Versace !!! Damn bro... thats some Stiff competition there if you know what im saying :P

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(VOTE JONNY SHAW)B

  3. Thanks for the support Deano!

     

    Yeah it will be tough...

     

    Cheers mate

     

    Jon

  4. Hold your votes! At least until you see my video entry :P

     

    The competition is pretty stiff alright, and the site has great potential not only for us Face of Oz contenders, but also for all you photographers and videographers looking for another outlet to show off your work. Have a look around and ask some questions in the UWC forums and directly to the admin about monetising your content and tap into the UWC global distribution network.

     

    While you are there, take a squizz at my entry :

    http://www.theunderwaterchannel.tv/face-of...lia/josh-jensen

     

    And to be fair, if you have the time, watch the videos of all 6 contenders.

     

    Be sure to check back after the competition is all done and dusted, Oz has great diving and whoever wins is certain to provide some great local stories with a global appeal.

     

    Cheers

    Josh

  5. Jonny... Mate, my hopes are with you bro...But Hayley Versace !!! Damn bro... thats some Stiff competition there if you know what im saying :P

     

    Hayley's not here on wetpixel, but I work with her, she's a great personality, I'm sure she'd do a bloody good job.

     

    It's great to see so many uw videographers/photographers in the semi's though! Good luck to everyone.

     

    Cheers,

    Ryan.

  6. Watched then all but I recon Josh will nail it. :P

    Goodluck to all in it though...

     

    Lin looked the best though in her little Bikini.....ha ha...

  7. Watched then all but I recon Josh will nail it. :P

    Goodluck to all in it though...

     

    Lin looked the best though in her little Bikini.....ha ha...

     

    Thanks Wags, I hope the masses agree with you!

  8. Last chance to vote for the new underwater face of Australia finalists which ends May 10th.

    Here are their interviews and links to their videos yet again:

    http://www.theunderwaterchannel.tv/clipinfo/3018586

     

    WP member Josh Jensen is one of the finalists and has worked as a cameraman and instructor for years on Mike Ball and N'aia before breaking out to form his own production company.

    In a six degree moment, another finalist, Haley Versace works for another WP member Peter Mooney. Apparently she's going to have him work for her as cameraman, if she wins. I wonder how Pete will take the role reversal from boss to employee? :)

    The last finalist Bess Manley, probably the most experienced in TV production of the 3, lists Richard Fitzpatrick as her cameraman. Richard was one of the regular researchers on the UnderSea Explorer and great shooter.

    Watch the interviews and vote for whom you think will do best.

     

    You'll have to sign up to vote however.

  9. Yeah I got binned.. but all the best to the other candidates good luck.

     

    Jon

  10. Hard luck Jon. Better luck next time.

  11. Bad luck there Jon, but you did better than us...least you entered.

    I still recon Josh with get it......sorry Peter....

    Hows that corny english presenter.... :)

  12. Have i been taking crazy pills or did a Brit called Ben Southall win this already ???

     

    Once again we seem to dominate the globe :)

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(Rule Britannia)B :)

  13. Have i been taking crazy pills or did a Brit called Ben Southall win this already ???

     

    Once again we seem to dominate the globe :)

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(Rule Britannia)B :)

     

     

    Dean, I think you must be taking crazy pills sorry!

     

    Congrats to Josh though, our new face of Australia!!! Look forward to seeing your stuff mate.

     

    Ryan.

  14. That was the Tourism QLD contest up on Hamilton Island that the British guy one.

     

    Congrats to Josh as well, I reckon you will do a great job.

     

    J

  15. That was the Tourism QLD contest up on Hamilton Island that the British guy one.

     

    Congrats to Josh as well, I reckon you will do a great job.

     

    J

     

    Whoops... Oh yeah...

     

    Congrats Josh :P

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(wheres my pills)B

  16. Congrats Josh. Well done.

  17. Thanks guys, check out the UWC over the coming months, hopefully I will be able to inspire you to make a trip Downunder!

     

    Cheers

    Josh

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.