Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Bones

Started by Islandbound ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Bones

3 posts
  1. On Friday my wife found a very long (almost 5ft) spinal cord (I believe). Does anyone have an idea what it is? The rib bones were up to 20 inches long.

    2934628800100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

    2144664720100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

  2. I had to bring up a large Hawksbill turtle shell this year and it had very large rib bones and a long spinal chord similar to what you are describing, it was not one of my best dives........

  3. Possibly dolphin or small whale but I'm leaning towards small whale given the size of the individual vertebra.

     

    Where were they found?

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.