Currently if I want to give a slideshow I use the slideshow facility included as part of Windows XP. However I've been looking for an alternative way of doing this. In particular I'd like to find some software that
a) Allows a slideshow to be created with images from more than one directory without having to change or copy the contents of the directories.
B) Allows images to be displayed nearly full screen but with a plain border (without having to manually resize images). I'd like to be able to do this as I don't really like how the images appear when full screen on my laptop, but neither do I want to have the application's menus & toolbars visible.
I've tried quite a few of the trial versions of the software mentioned elsewhere in this forum but haven't yet found a package that does what I want. Does anyone know of any suitable applications?
Thanks,
Richard
I use Proshow Gold by Photodex software. You can download and try their trial version. Purchase cost is like $50 if you like it.
It lets you mix in music, sync to music, export shows on CDrom, etc.
Cheers
James
James,
Thanks for the recommendation. I've downloaded the trial version and have been quite impressed with it. It seems to be very good good for creating shows synched to music but I couldn't see a way of just creating a show where the slides are not changed automatically - letting the viewer change slides when they want e.g with page up/page down. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Richard
letting the viewer change slides when they want e.g with page up/page down.
ACDSee is great for this.
You can also Use IrfanView for this. It´s a bit tricky to get the pictures in the right order but you can make a exe or a .scr file out of the slideshow. In this exe there´s everything included. You can also choose to make a automated slideshow or to click for a new picture.
Bye
I use IrfanView too. It's free and it's really an amazing utility, it handles an incredible number of file formats. And the slideshow part is quite good for a free utility.