Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New Filmic Experiment

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

New Filmic Experiment

9 posts
  1. So bored with travel logs and so stuck for an original idea and came up with this. It has a more poetic theme and was shot in Indonesia. Hope someone likes it;-)

    http://vimeo.com/2458951

    Steve

  2. I don't think it was sappy, I actually thought that it showed creativity....

    I wouldn't be able to write my own poetry

    Only criticism would be some of the colour looks a little out on some of the shots but I enjoyed it.

  3. Thanks Jonny, I had a friend mention the red color of the yawning frogfish, but it actually was that red and against the black background I kind of liked it. Maybe I should just desaturate it a bit.

    Steve

  4. Hi Steve,

     

    Your not alone in the poetry narrative... Theres a man, i think, called Jonny Keeling here in the UK who has be reciting his own poetry over his topside stuff for a few years now... Its very effective and has featured on some Primetime progs

     

    Im looking at a similar thing for a trailer for my Pike film when i release it...

     

    Well done

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. Hi Steve,

    I really like the concept. If you decide to keep working on it you might think about hitting the last line "In the blink of an eye I could be gone" with shots of an empty ocean or reef. Just a thought. Shorts like this would be a great way for kids to learn about the ocean. I wish there was a way to provide work like this to schools.

     

    Thanks for sharing it!

    Cheers,

    Steve

  6. Hi Steve, I was a public schools teacher for over 30 years and these days, the only thing they are interested in is standardized test scores and the administrators trying to make themselves look good. A far cry from when I first got in to teaching. Glad I retired.

    Steve

  7. Hi Steve

    Thats was great to watch...so many different subjects.

    It's so wonderful that I can sit here and watch it full screen....

    Edited by wagsy
  8. Coming from you Wagsy, that's a big complement. Still have some touching up to do on it.

    Steve

  9. Hey Steve your stuff it pretty good too you know.

    I love to shoot underwater stuff but it doesn't really pay the bills. :lol:

    I am missing the water very much now that I am living in the City, but hopefully I can change that.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.