- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
What on earth is this?
-
-
Hi Tim -- I wasn't sure either so I sent your image to a friend who works on crinoid commensals. It's an unusual type of polychaete worm in a subgroup called the Myzostomidae. He says it's very similar to Myzostoma lobifera but it's also much larger than the ones he's collected. Myxostomids are all commensals on other organisms & especially on echinoderms.
-
Hi Tim -- I wasn't sure either so I sent your image to a friend who works on crinoid commensals. It's an unusual type of polychaete worm in a subgroup called the Myzostomidae. He says it's very similar to Myzostoma lobifera but it's also much larger than the ones he's collected. Myxostomids are all commensals on other organisms & especially on echinoderms.
Thanks!
Graham was sure that you would be able to come up with the species!
Tim

-
Fabulous and informative.