Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Pipefish id

Started by Peng62 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Pipefish id

4 posts
  1. Is there enough of this pipefish to tell if it is a Stigmatopora olivacea, Gulfs Pipefish, or not since I photographed it in Bunaken, Indonesia, Apr 09. I had a macro setup so did not manage to photograph the whole fish :lol:

     

    400d-09387.jpg

     

    400d-09388.jpg

     

    Any help with the id will be appreciated :good:

  2. Looks like a trumpet fish to me..

  3. Looks like a trumpet fish to me..

     

    Ha ha, I have a long way to go to learn about the creatures underwater.. ;)

  4. Yep, that is a trumpetfish. The juveniles can be small enough to be mistaken for pipefish.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.