Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Why I can never post again.

Started by John Bantin ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Why I can never post again.

9 posts
  1. I read this: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm

     

    I thought I was Level 3 but on reading this I realised I am approaching level O.

     

    I agree with his thoughts and think they apply to many many different areas of interest. I just bought a camera I didn't need. I gotta get out more!

    Edited by John Bantin
  2. I read this: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm

     

    I thought I was Level 3 but on reading this I realised I am approaching level O.

     

    I agree with his thoughts and think they apply to many many different areas of interest. I just bought a camera I didn't need. I gotta get out more!

     

    Interesting that us amateurs are higher up the heavenly pecking order than professionals...

     

    There must be a hidden level for UW photographers though - someone who doesn't ever have enough money, desires to travel to the most far-flung parts of the world and is prepared to sacrifice their pride and joy of expensive DSLR/housing in the wet and sometimes inhospitable depths of the ocean in search of an image whilst operating in low light, most of which has been attenuated by depth and whilst moving in 3 dimensions as they photograph something that also is almost invariably moving...

     

    Wierd aren't we ?? ;) Steve

  3. This might make you feel better, John!

     

    Alex

  4. This might make you feel better, John!

     

    Alex

    They miussed out the last one:

     

    Ken Rockwell doesn't give a toss what the O group think!

  5. I read this: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm

     

    I thought I was Level 3 but on reading this I realised I am approaching level O.

     

     

    This might make you feel better, John!

     

    Alex

     

     

    John/Alex

     

    Fortunately, I had not grabbed my coffe yet that I had started brewing then checked in here. Could have been real messy. Not sure I agree with the Contax reference though, I had (still have) a couple of those and Zeiss lenses. Not sure if they still work though, it has been quite a long time ;)

     

    There must be a hidden level for UW photographers though -

     

     

    Probably limbo as we wait for the next camera :)

  6. Who gives a damn;as long as you're having a big time. ;)

    Edited by loftus
  7. Who gives a damn;as long as you're having a big time. ;)

     

    Good point. Professional or amateur, never take yourself too seriously!

  8. Good point. Professional or amateur, never take yourself too seriously!

     

    John Bantin, taking himself seriously? ROFL

  9. Haha!

    I'd rather look at pornography than research other people's cameras.

     

    Cheers

    James

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.