Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

basic set up for D200 and seacam?

Started by sirenita ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

basic set up for D200 and seacam?

3 posts
  1. I've just bought a second hand D200 with Seacam housing , which comes with lots of bells and whistles and fun toys, but no complete basic setup. I'm about to go travelling ( mainly Indo, bit of Thailand ) and I'm wondering what is the most basic ( small , travel friendly.. backpacking!)set up that I could take to get some nice pictures, practise with and get to know the camera that doesn't weigh too much. I am hoping to dive komodo and would like something that gives me the possibility to take at least some Ok photos of big stuff, but I realise that for the destination I probably want to go more macro.. is there anything that would work ok for both without involving carrying too many lenses around?

    Thanks alot for the help!

    Edited by sirenita
  2. The 2nd biggest item you will have is the dome port, depending on which port you will get or already have. Komodo has awesome wide angle opportunites. I doubt you want to be caught with an anemic lens in Manta Channel or Batu Balong.

    Seacam dome ports come in 5.5 (WP), 6 (FE) and 9"(SD) variants. I would suggest the FE port with a 20mm extension ring and the 10-17 and the 105 flatport which should fit the 60mm and perhaps the 1.4x (check the length at its longest and see if it will fit). Problem is the FE port isn't great with wide rectilinear lenses.

    Edited by Drew
  3. HI,

    I use the Seacam with the D200. I use the W/P only with the Tokina 10/17FE with very good results.

    Then with my 12/24 Nikon I use the W/P with a 35mm extender, with a 4x dieopter with great results.

    Then a flat port for the 60mm micro, then add the 35mm extender with the 105mm micro. So I can cover

    all of the lens with these combinations. Also I can fit al these in my carry on luggage.

    Andy :wub::lol:

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.