Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Oly 5050 ISO settings

Started by Lionfish43 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Oly 5050 ISO settings

3 posts
  1. I just purchased an Olympus 5050 and PT-015 for my upcoming trip to Bonaire. I will be using it for macro only with the internal strobe and an L&M Mod light. I've been doing a little experimenting with it on land to get used to operating it and it seems like I'll probably use it in Apeture or Manual mode. In both of those modes the camera seems to default to ISO 64. Is there much difference in image quality ie; noise, etc. between ISO 64 and the higher ISO settings.

     

    Larry

  2. I've shot at 64 and 100 and not noticed any quality differences.

    TedJ

  3. If there is enough light (artificial or ambient) I leave mine on 64. The difference is not huge but the picture can get quite noisy at 100.

    In both of those modes the camera seems to default to ISO 64.

    You can select an ISO (64 - 400) using the menu instead of relying on Auto. Also make sure you have 'All reset' off or that will reset all your menu settings to default, on of which is 'Auto' for the ISO setting.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.