Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Dual Strobe on 5050?

Started by dustin ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Dual Strobe on 5050?

6 posts
  1. I haven't been around here in months. Is anyone running a dual strobe setup on an Olympus 5050 yet?

     

    Right now I have a ds-125 strobe and an Ikelite tray. I have taken about 10 to 15 dives worth of pictures with this setup. I am getting ready for another trip again soon and I had a few questions:

     

    1. Should I go with another equal powered strobe (ds-125) or could I do a smaller ds-50?

     

    2. Will I need two TTL sensors or can both strobes run off of one?

     

    3. Is an ultralight tray and arm setup the best way to go? I can't find any pricing online on these guys. Seems a couple stores carry them though.

     

    4. Will the $1000 or $1500 this is going to cost me make a worthwhile difference in my pictures? I would consider myself a beginner.

     

     

    Thanks guys

    Dustin

  2. Thanks. Is the dual tray a new item?

     

    Dustin

  3. Yes, it is new, I know because he made one for my customer who went with dual DS50s with the TTL controllers.

  4. Re "Will the $1000 or $1500 this is going to cost me make a worthwhile difference in my pictures? I would consider myself a beginner."

     

    I have been using dual DS 125s with a 3040 and then a 5050 for over a year. I would be lost without both of them.

     

    In particular, I like the complete coverage I get when shooting in wide angle mode. When shooting with a wide angle lens, coverage becomes even more important.

  5. Yes, I think it was Peter's modification of the bracket with 2 strobes that inspired Ikelite to make an adapter for the dual bracket work with the PT-015.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.