Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Red Sea Fish ID help

Started by TheWookie ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Red Sea Fish ID help

5 posts
  1. Ok, firstly I will bow my head in shame about the quality of the Pic. I was taken while snorkeling in red sea (sharm el sheikh near coral sea imperial hotel) with a Olympus Mu790SW. The camera subsequently leaked so I didn't get any better pics of this fish, but means I will get to buy a decent underwater camera fit for scuba :D

    Anyways I have looked at my fish id cards, red sea reef guide book and over the internet and I'm still not sure. I was leaning towards a snapper of some sorts..

     

    P3091051.jpg

  2. Hmm. Hard to tell from that angle.. Spotted Snapper perhaps?

  3. Its a favourite of mine: Lutjanus bohar

     

    Hopefully when I go to the Red Sea in about 8 weeks they will have formed their annual aggregation:

     

    amustard_023.jpg

     

    Alex

  4. Thanks, thats been bugging me for a while now. It was only in a couple of metres which threw me off a bit.

     

    Hopefully when I go to the Red Sea in about 8 weeks they will have formed their annual aggregation

    You're making me jealous. I'm not going to be able to get back til october, but I'm determined to be better prepared next time. So, back to camera shopping :D

  5. Yes! TWINSPOT Snapper. That's what I meant. :D

     

    Thanks Alex!

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.