Hi everyone,
I know this forum is about digital underwater photography but I hope some of you out there are shooting under water long enough to tell me your experience. I wouldn't know where else I could ask this.
I own a Nikonos V along with 28 and 15mm UW Nikkor lenses. To me the 15 mm still is among the best wide angle lenses as far as image quality is concerned. I wouldn't know of any digital which comes close at such a wide angle of view - if YOU do, would you please let me know?
But what I really want to know is if you think - or know from experience - if the 13 mm on the Nikonos RS is even better? Can it compete with the old 15 mm, quality wise?
And how does the Nikonos RS 20 to 35 mm compare to the old, non-AF, fixed focal length 28 mm UW Nikkor? Can it reproduce equally brilliant as the old fixed focal length 28mm, over its whole focal range?
Thanks for sharing thoughts and experience!