Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

A boy with a new toy...

Started by Timmoranuk ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

A boy with a new toy...

15 posts
  1. I hope he uses it well. Its still a little cold in the Uk to be diving 'wet' but when we can which will be around the end of May, CJ will be triggering some pics of the Lundy seals. Stand by...

    post-13968-1241120288.jpg

  2. Jealous! My parents were cool but not THAT cool... Well here's to the next Dave Doubilet!

  3. Freaking awesome, your an amazing parent

  4. DON'T USE YOUR HANDS TO MOVE UNDERWATER !!!

     

    :blink::P:o:D

     

     

    cool new tool, the younger you start, the more different and original shots you will do !

    Edited by Autopsea
  5. That's great. What a machine.

     

    We're chasing seals @ Lundy next week.

     

    Alex

  6. WOW! Wish I had something like that when i was a kid!

    Cant wayt to see some CJ's pictures here !

     

    Cheers

    Scubamoose

  7. when i was his age, i had a second hand scalextric and a 9 iron golf club that my dad robbed from a local pitch and putt. That probably explains why i cant take decent photos

     

    Cant wait to see some results.

     

    Happy snapping,

     

    Stew

  8. Nice! What a great dad you are! Is that your G9 settup? Does that mean you've upgraded?

  9. Is he wearing a Stinger as well?! He's better kitted out than most divers i know!

     

    Cool :blink:

  10. Is he keen? I lent my daughter a D70 in a Nexus housing, but she was "bored" at age 12...

     

    ... she didn't have any strobes, though...

     

    Tim

     

    :blink:

  11. Nice! What a great dad you are! Is that your G9 settup? Does that mean you've upgraded?

     

    Nope. CJ has an identical rig to mine. Lucky I don't shoot a 5D in a Subal eh?

     

     

    Is he wearing a Stinger as well?! He's better kitted out than most divers i know!

     

    Cool :P

     

    Well, a stinger is all a slim wrist can wear...

     

     

    Is he keen? I lent my daughter a D70 in a Nexus housing, but she was "bored" at age 12...

     

    ... she didn't have any strobes, though...

     

    Tim

     

    :blink:

     

    Keen? The camera was a Chrimbo pressie. The Easter bunny brought twin manifolded sevens, a rack of Scubapro valves and a custom 16kg wing. CJ is presently racking up the PADI specialities so he can qualify MSD when he hits JAOW in September. That'll be just after he has a spell at Emperor Divers at Marsa Alam, a week on the Blue Pearl at St Johns and a week at Wadi Lahami on the Fury Shoal. And those are all venues he has become famililar with over the last four years. Oh yes, he's been offered a dive guide job but I reckon it'll be difficult holding that down at the age of 11! Yes, he's keen...

    Edited by Timmoranuk
  12. Yep I jealous too....when I was a kid I even had to buy my very first second hand bicycle.

    He is one very lucky kid to have a start like that into taking underwater pics...hope he realises it.

  13. I just want to know if ...

     

    You are willing to adopt?

    I could use some new gear too.

  14. when i was his age, i had a second hand scalextric and a 9 iron golf club that my dad robbed from a local pitch and putt. That probably explains why i cant take decent photos

     

    Cant wait to see some results.

     

    Happy snapping,

     

    Stew

     

    Classic. :lol:

  15. Amazing... you get my vote for Best parent award. My mum and dad when I started to dive brought me a camera that went to 5m because they did not know we went a bit deeper than that....... The thought was there though.

     

    Look forward to seeing some pics.....

     

    Karen

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.