Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Wetpixel Flickr group -- participate there much?

Started by echeng ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel Flickr group -- participate there much?

10 posts
  1. Hello, all! I'm looking for some folks who are active on Flickr to take on leadership roles in our Flickr group ( http://www.flickr.com/groups/wetpixel ). The Wetpixel Flickr group currently has 1,183 members and 18,047 images in it, so there is definitely some good activity going on over there.

     

    Images added to the group all show up on our Collaborative Slideshow, but we'd love to do more. Specifically, it would be great to do a Picture of the Week / Month similar to what the FiNS guys do on their group. We'd post the selected images here in the forum to foster discussion, and would also post the selected images on the front page of Wetpixel.

     

    We also need people to represent the Wetpixel group when browsing underwater images on Flickr (to invite others to add images to our group).

     

    Let me know if you're interested!

  2. I'd be up for assisting, but I don't have the 'experience' as a photog myself, and my own Flickr page probably isn't the best advocacy available.

  3. Can't access Flikr at all from here !!! :blink:

    In the UAE all the internet goes through a proxy filter that blocks any sites "not in line with the cultural and moral views of the country, blah balh blah".

     

    No porn, no gambling etc.. hence due to some of the shots on Flikr it's been banned.

     

    A real shame as I'd love to be part of the Strobist discussions on flikr ! (as well as Wetpixel of course).

     

    Cheers,

    Richard B.

  4. ^ That sucks man! So you guys can't view flickr at all? Have you tried one of those proxy "anonymizer" sites?

     

    I'm on flickr fairly often so I wouldn't mind inviting photos I see to wetpixel. I have experience running competitions from my own Maldivian Photographers group, but I don't think I'll have the time these days.

     

    The wetpixel group is a bit dead isn't it :blink:

  5. Hey Eric.

     

    PM sent

     

    Adam

  6. I have used Tor http://www.torproject.org/ and Hotspot shield http://hotspotshield.com/ to access things that are country prohibited such as Hulu and Veoh. Hotspot shield is very easy .. and tor is more configurable and both meld with Firefox nicely.

     

    As for Flickr .. I love using flickr i do find that in recent times groups have seemed to slide off my home page and in general just become harder to use or want to use at the least. I am always amazed when i see the WP group at how much traffic it got.

     

    I have randomly gone and checked it out and given big ups to some contributors of the Flickr WP group from the Wetpixel twitter account. Which i know from my own flickr account and twitter use really does work to boost traffic to specific images hosted on flickr.

  7. I'd be up for assisting, but I don't have the 'experience' as a photog myself, and my own Flickr page probably isn't the best advocacy available.

     

    What's your Flickr ID? :lol:

  8. too much publicity....shame, shame!! Must get new pictures up!! (FGNMS, 2 weeks and counting, weather permitting....)

  9. too much publicity....shame, shame!! Must get new pictures up!! (FGNMS, 2 weeks and counting, weather permitting....)

    I deleted it partner, how about sending Eric a PM. Took me a while to figure out FGMS was the Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary. I've got to get out more. :lol:

    I've never been there, looking forward to the images.

     

    Have fun,

    Steve

  10. I deleted it partner, how about sending Eric a PM. Took me a while to figure out FGMS was the Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary. I've got to get out more. :lol:

    I've never been there, looking forward to the images.

     

    Have fun,

    Steve

     

    I kinda suspected he was just being facetious. It is linked from my profile here anyway.

     

    And you didn't have to delete it. I was just partaking of a little self-flagellation (not that kind) as I realized how feeble my directory was vs. many posted here. I'm the one who has to get 'out more' and take some freakin pictures!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.