Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fuji 6900

Started by pencil ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Fuji 6900

5 posts
  1. Ok, I have been reading through the forums and the way to go it seems is for a solid case, rather than the current boil in the bag I have. This then gives the ability to add strobe arms ect..

     

    Problem #1 - the only housing I can find for the 6900 is made by Zillion in Japan.

    Problem #2 - I talked with Zillion briefly and they will not ship the case out of Japan. this is due to the casing not being poly coarbonate and hence a possibilty of damage during shipping.

     

    Problem #3 - the wal is an attachment to the lens on the body, so the casing would have to allow for extra length and width... Else I will be forced to use the incorporated lens only.

     

    So what I would like to know, is there a company out there that makes a solid housing for my camera ??

     

    Or am I doomed for buying the wrong camera for use u/w ? :)

  2. You're only other choice is to have one manufactured for you. I don't know whereabouts in the world you reside, but if you are in the UK you can try Birchley Products

  3. I have tried Birchley - nice chap...

    However I got a quote for 400 UKP and that was without full functionality...

     

    Also Im not really sure how a cyclindrical housing would work out.

  4. I was actually in a similar position last year when i wanted to house my Fuji 4900 and ended up selling the camera and £5k later have the set up i now have. You may just have to bite the bullet and buy one of the Olympus range of digitals which have a good choice of housings.

  5. I sold up my FUJIFILM S602 ZOOM when zillion replied there would not have any housing and joined Olympus family since then... :)

     

    Except you are going digital SLR, underwater choice for Fuji is too limited

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.