Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Is this Photoshopped?

Started by ralphy ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Is this Photoshopped?

11 posts
  1. I've not seen behaviour like this from a turtle; cannot decide if it's a PS job or just a very bored model!

     

    post-5660-1241474058.jpg

     

    Seriously, is this likely to be genuine?

     

    R

  2. I have no idea why you would fake that.

     

    And it is not impossible to happen, so I don't see why it seems unnatural. Turtles use their fins in very arm and hand like ways the times I have seen them.

     

    I'd imagine the context in which this image was found and taken from may well give away more clues as to weather it is real or fake.

  3. I have no idea why you would fake that.

     

    And it is not impossible to happen, so I don't see why it seems unnatural. Turtles use their fins in very arm and hand like ways the times I have seen them.

     

    I'd imagine the context in which this image was found and taken from may well give away more clues as to weather it is real or fake.

     

    Thanks Giles.

     

    I've seen a fair few turtles in the Red Sea but not in that almost fins-crossed pose; certainly seen them manipulating food, etc.

     

    R

  4. It looks photo-shopped to me. JMHO. Why not ask the copyright owner? If you do not own the copyright do you have the right to post it here?

  5. It looks photo-shopped to me. JMHO. Why not ask the copyright owner? If you do not own the copyright do you have the right to post it here?

     

    I'm no expert but i suppose it's ok as long as he does not imply that the photo is his and the copyright owner is clearly mentioned- which he is - but then again this may varry by region.

     

    Going back to the photo, I have never seen a turtle doing this, but would not put it past them so hard to call, but would give it the benefit of doubt.

  6. Dunno why we should automatically assume rare or unseen behavior as photochopped. Instead of analyzing it here, I think the easiest way to clear this up would be to email the photographer him/herself.

  7. I've not seen behaviour like this from a turtle; cannot decide if it's a PS job or just a very bored model!

     

    post-5660-1241474058.jpg

     

    Seriously, is this likely to be genuine?

     

    R

     

    It looks natural to me.

  8. it's what they do when they wan't to go backward keeping an eye on you ^^. the next step is to push the water from back to head, and the turtle will go backward :lol:

  9. Seems like a real thing to me. Even the shadows match with the angle of strobe light. I think it's shot in Abu Dabbab bay, Marsa Alam.

  10. Seems like a real thing to me. Even the shadows match with the angle of strobe light. I think it's shot in Abu Dabbab bay, Marsa Alam.

     

    I think he is just bored of looking for the bloody dugong. same as me everytime i go there.

     

    stew

  11. I think he is just bored of looking for the bloody dugong. same as me everytime i go there.

     

    stew

     

    LOL :lol:

    You might have a point there Stew!

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.