Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

EDIUS 5.0 question

Started by l.babcock ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

EDIUS 5.0 question

3 posts
  1. EDIUS imports my M2TS files just fine, when i play them back in the time line, it is in slow motion until I render them, which makes editing very time consuming, i have around 1000 clips . any suggestions?

     

     

    Thanks

    Larry

  2. Hi Larry

    I thought I had better say something as it's my main NLE program I use.

    I can have 9 tracks of raw HDV m2t playing back in realtime here on my 3.4ghz Core2Quad desktop, but only 3-4 on my 2.5ghz Core2Duo laptop.

     

    Things that pop into my mind.

    1. Have you got the correct project settings, although it should still run without rendering still.

    2. Are you dumping the footage to the same drive as you operating system is on. (ie C:drive)

    3. Is your camera a HDV AVCHD one?

    4. If it's a normal HDV m2t format camera then it should edit the m2t clips very easy.

    5. What are the specs of your computer and have you got other programs running.

     

    Cheers

    Paul

    Edited by wagsy
  3. Thanks Paul For responding to my problem.

    I use a separate hard rive.

    I am shooting AVCHD

    I have a duel core 2.6 processor

    2 gig of ram

    4 terabyte hard drives

    Nvidia 7300 gs video card

    I don't have any programs running

    I also have premiere CS4 and its doing the same thing

    I have Sony Vegas 8.0c pro and it works fine, I just don't know how to use it

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Hi Larry

    I thought I had better say something as it's my main NLE program I use.

    I can have 9 tracks of raw HDV m2t playing back in realtime here on my 3.4ghz Core2Quad desktop, but only 3-4 on my 2.5ghz Core2Duo laptop.

     

    Things that pop into my mind.

    1. Have you got the correct project settings, although it should still run without rendering still.

    2. Are you dumping the footage to the same drive as you operating system is on. (ie C:drive)

    3. Is your camera a HDV AVCHD one?

    4. If it's a normal HDV m2t format camera then it should edit the m2t clips very easy.

    5. What are the specs of your computer and have you got other programs running.

     

    Cheers

    Paul

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.