Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Aperture to Lightroom change

Started by loftus ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Aperture to Lightroom change

5 posts
  1. Grudgingly, I have been considering converting from Aperture to Lightroom. I still prefer my Aperture interface etc, but I'm unhappy with Apple's support of the product. It seems like it's just not a product that they put much energy into, compared to all their other products. I'm still hoping that they will come out with a significant upgrade soon though, if nothing happens in the next 3-6 months I may switch.

    Has anyone got any ideas on how to convert libraries etc. There does not seem to be an easy way to do it without losing all rating and selection data etc.

    Edited by loftus
  2. Hi partner,

    Check out John's input on the bottom of this page. I think your answer is there. Good luck!

     

    Steve

  3. Hi partner,

    Check out John's input on the bottom of this page. I think your answer is there. Good luck!

     

    Steve

    Thanks Steve,

    Looks like no matter what, all edits will be lost, and that means all my final images with Aperture edits would be lost unless I convert them to TIFFs or something first.

    Hmmm....lot's of work.

  4. Here is another approach that sounds like it might work for you. It's a little old and they are behind the curve (before LR 2.0) but there might be something there.

     

    Steve

  5. Have you searched all over NAPP's website? One would think that you're not the 1st person to make the switch.

    Edited by kitty
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.