Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

How fast does your camera write to CF?

Started by james ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

How fast does your camera write to CF?

4 posts
  1. http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_pag...ge.asp?cid=6007

     

    Check out the Rob Galbraith CF card database for your camera. Very interesting results.

     

    There was a thread about this here at Wetpixel, but the the database was just updated on 7/14 to include the 10D, the 1Ds, etc. Some of the newest cards still aren't on there though (40x).

     

    I was surprised to see that the Canon 10D was slowest of the bunch - slower than the D60?????

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. I compared the Lexar 40x 512M card (which I am personally using and am very happy with).

     

    The 10D is 1221K/sec and the Fuji S2 Pro is 1699K/sec. (The D60 is 1497K/sec.)

     

    The difference between the S2 and 10D is barely 478 hundredths of a second. Would anyone really notice that?

     

    It is strange that the 10D writes slower than the D60, but the image quality in the 10D is much better than the D60 and I will gladly give up 200 hundredths of a second for a sharper image, better color, and a better all-around camera!

  3. Interesting. How about comparing the speed on a percentage basis?

     

    With your card the 10D is 80% as fast as the D60 and 70% as fast as the S2pro.

     

    Probably won't make a difference for average JPEG shooting. I just thought it was strange that the D60 was faster.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. It does seem odd the D60 writes faster than the 10D - I am guessing (hoping!) it must have something to do with better picture quality.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.