Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Going Deeper

Started by cdimitrius ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Going Deeper

8 posts
  1. Dear Friends,

    Another adventure. Another place.

    This time I was in Roatan, Honduras and I did the best dive of my life. I went more than 2000ft on a small submarine (www.stanleysubmarines.com) looking for six-gill sharks, deepsea fishes and the tiny dumbo octopus... and guess what..We found them!!!! It was amazing!!!

    Please, check it out at http://www.vimeo.com/4518549 and leave your comment.

    More videos coming soon!!

     

    Take care and Dive safe!!

     

    Cristian Dimitrius

  2. Oh man, I've got to get me one of those. The shot of the sunken sub on the way out to the dive is a nice touch. Super stuff Christian, loved the music too. Nicely done.

     

    Thanks for sharing the experience. :) Must have been an amazing ride.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  3. Thank you christian!

    I am so doing this

  4. That looks like a lot of fun! Just saw in the paper this morning that the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute might be selling their submersibles after this summer. Anybody wanna pitch in with me? I think $2 Mill would cover it...

     

    Is this from the Lophelia Reef dive? Did you film this through the porthole or do they have on-board cameras? Any pics of their set-up that you can share? Is this all footage that you shot on your dive with them?

     

    Awesome adventure for sure. Thanks!

  5. Hi There,

    If I had that money I would pitch in with you for sure...:)

    I actually did 3 deep dives (shallow, six gill & lophelia at 1500ft (at night) and 2000ft). All images were made through the porthole with my Sony ex1. Witch set up do you want to see? i have all kind of pics of the sub. And this is just a small select of more than 3 hours of images.

    Thanks for the compliments..

    best!!

    CD

     

     

    That looks like a lot of fun! Just saw in the paper this morning that the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute might be selling their submersibles after this summer. Anybody wanna pitch in with me? I think $2 Mill would cover it...

     

    Is this from the Lophelia Reef dive? Did you film this through the porthole or do they have on-board cameras? Any pics of their set-up that you can share? Is this all footage that you shot on your dive with them?

     

    Awesome adventure for sure. Thanks!

  6. Great video, Christian. Thanks for posting. The ending shot is fantastic - and I think the slow fade worked really well.

    Bryce

  7. WOW! Six-gills are so cool! Really nice material Christian!

  8. Port shots! Ok rad. I thought maybe there was an outboard camera with a housing rated to 2000', which I would definitely want to see :). Anyway I loved it and the Anaconda one too! Keep it up!

     

    C

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.