Help I just recieved the oly c5050z with the pt-015 and a sea&sea ys-25 dx strobe. here is my ? the strobe did not come with a pattern to cut out of velcro for the pt-015 to mount the fiber optic cable to the camera housing. how should I hook up the cable to the housing? Could I drill a hole in the diffuser panel that is mounted to the housing by three little screws and make the hole the correct size for the grommet?
- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
oly c5050z
-
-
domino22, couldn't find one for the PT015 but here's a link that might give you some ideas: http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/eDXstrobe.htm
Scroll down to the centre of the page where the downloadable pdfs are....
Advise is not to modify the PT015 diffuser panels permanently, like drill holes in it. Or remove the PTs diffuser panels and make a diffuser panel of the same shape with black plastic and drill a hole in it.
-
I have a printable template on the last page of a review I wrote a while back that should help you out. You can download it from here:
http://www.thelivingsea.com/pdf/C-5050.pdf
There's also one on creating a hand-strap that you might find useful too:
http://www.thelivingsea.com/pdf/PT015-Handstrap.pdf
I hope these help.
-
Hi!
I currently have a Canon S400 with a bonica slave strobe. I had a flood (MY FAULT) in a recent dive (it is at the repair shop right now).
It takes great pictures, but now that I have more experience I would buy something else.
The S400 is very compact, great during the dive. The macro is excellent. The casing includes a flash diffuser. You can access all the function while underwater.
Disadvantage: Cannot add telephoto or wide angle on land. Cannot easily add converstion lens on the housing. Can't remove the preflash.
I use my slave strobe using the FEL mode (flash exposure lock). You first shoot to set the FEL mode than wait for the strobe to recharge and than shoot the real picture. Long process but it works well. I even replace the flash diffuser on the housing with a mirror to make sure the strobe will detect the light from the camera internal flash.
Now I'm looking for a digital camera that I can shoot RAw with and that will work automaticly with my strobe. Any suggestions? :?:
Hugues