Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

105mm Nikon VR II

Started by ScubaSpen ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

105mm Nikon VR II

6 posts
  1. Hi all

     

    Which Ike flat port do I need to house my Nikon 105mm VRII lens.

     

    Thx as always in advance

    Spen

  2. Thx Rene

     

    Im off to Adorama for some shopping

     

    Spen

  3. Be careful and carefully fit the ikelite port. A friend of mine had an issue with that port on his 105 vr. Ikelite, unlike other companies (subal, hugyfot etc) have a different port or extension ring for the new 105mm since it is a tad bit wider.

  4. Be careful and carefully fit the ikelite port. A friend of mine had an issue with that port on his 105 vr. Ikelite, unlike other companies (subal, hugyfot etc) have a different port or extension ring for the new 105mm since it is a tad bit wider.

     

     

    I already have a 5505.5 for the old nikon 105mm micro lens. Would this port work with the new 105mm VR lens?

  5. I just got a 105 VRII and used it for the first time this week. I love it! Anyway, I have the modular flat port and use the 5510.24 extention. This is the same extension used for the Sigma 17-70mm with the 8" dome port. The port chart on the Ikelite site will show you the recommendation, which is a differenet extension. I wanted to get the most coverage with the fewest parts so mixed it up a bit.

     

    Dave

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.