Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

SD800 w/WP-DC26

Started by rjn17960 ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

SD800 w/WP-DC26

1 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I'll be going to Tahiti in July, and am considering what photo equipment to get for diving. Currently I have a Canon SD800IS with a WP-DC26 case. I'm thinking about getting a strobe package (based on the Inon Z-240) and some lenses (the Inon UWL-100 28, plus the dome conversion.) I have a quote for this around $2K USD, which is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but doable.

     

    On land I use my Nikon D700, and thought about getting a case for that, but they run about $1500 for an Ikelite. Adding a strobe to that would prob take the price up to around $3K or so, I'm guessing. which I'm not willing to spend.

     

    So, which does everyone think is better: a point & shoot with strobe and lenses, or a SLR with no strobe? Also, considering the price of the P&S strobe + lens package is about 4x what I paid for the camera and housing, is there some other camera & housing that I should consider that would be a better solution?

     

    Thanks, Rich

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.