As I'm based in Malaysia and dive a lot around Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia (as do many on this site from the posts I've read) I was wondering what people do about gear setup and storage overnight.
If my housing and camera are kept in my A/C room, then in the morning when I go for breakfast they are typically cold to the touch and the first waft of 30 deg C humid air fogs them for a good while. I have to leave them outside (somewhere safe or in sight of the breakfast table) to warm up before assembling the camera and housing for the day's diving.
Same in the evening...should I leave everything outside at ambient temp and risk their disappearance or bring them safely to bed with me?? If I put the gear together cold in the room can I assume I'll get no issues *inside* the housing when it ventures outside as there will be no moisture-laden air ingress or condensation trouble with the lens or inside the port?
Wondering what the rest of you guys have as standard operating procedure in the tropics when u can afford a room with AC!!
Steve