Ok, let me try this again....
Usually my posts are about some of the many technical aspects associated with u/w photography, however this post is a bit different. I started taking pictures and diving because I love the ocean, and now there’s an opportunity to merge my personal passion with my professional life. I’m the whale program officer at the International Fund for Animal Welfare. You might not have heard of us, but our 16 country offices are behind many of the cool animal stories you hear about in the news. Some examples are rescuing pets or wildlife after a natural disaster (such as Katrina) rehabilitating penguins after an oil spill in South Africa, and rescuing stranded marine mammals near our headquarters on Cape Cod.
My colleagues and I are working to urge governments around the world to stand up and better protect whales. We’re showing our elected officals we still care about whales not by yet another petition you just sign, but through a visial petition people are part of. Basically, all you need to do is submit a picture doing the ‘whale tail’ pose. (and no, it’s not what you get when you search whale tail on google) The final product will be compiled in a commemorative book published for the US, UK, and Australian governments.
All you need to do is take a picture of someone striking the whale tail pose and upload it at www.tailsforwhales.org.
And thanks for considering participation in this cool program, I’m really looking forward to your contributions
Hi everyone,
I thought I'd just submit a quick post on a project we're working on at the International Fund for Animal Welfare's whale program. We're collecting photos of people making the whale tail pose to show the world people still care about whales. It would be great to get some submitted from Wetpixel members. Check out www.tailsforwhales.org for more information! Thanks!
Jake