I thought that many of the folk here might benefit from this particular article I wrote for the editing websites. Hope someone finds it useful to them.
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/water...cp_douglas.html
Steve
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by Steve Douglas ·
Read-only discussion
I thought that many of the folk here might benefit from this particular article I wrote for the editing websites. Hope someone finds it useful to them.
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/water...cp_douglas.html
Steve
Cool - thanks for that Steve. I've always done watermarks differently - and end up with time/rendering issues in the end. This looks far more seamless. I'll be trying this one out for sure.
Appreciate the post.
I batch watermark my clips in Compressor. I prefer to keep my timelines in FCP clear of additional rendering of watermark. I take a bunch of clips, drag into Compressor, choose the format I want and add the watermark.
O.... is that how you do it?
I was just dipping my tapes in water to water mark them ![]()
I batch watermark my clips in Compressor. I prefer to keep my timelines in FCP clear of additional rendering of watermark. I take a bunch of clips, drag into Compressor, choose the format I want and add the watermark.
Where do you add the watermark in Compressor Shawn?
Inspector Window (row of icons near top)
Filters Tab (overlaying clips icon)
Water Mark Check Box (scroll down to bottom)
I really don't like watermarks which distract you from the photo itself. I've always used a tiny little discreet "© Hani Amir" in plain text in a corner of my photos. It's pretty easy to record a photoshop action to do it for you as well.
It just goes to show that there are a great many ways to do the same thing. However, Shawn, since I don't do it in Compressor, are your watermarks transparent? It is the transparency that's makes the watermark, whether it is text or logo, more palatable to the viewer.
Steve
Sure. 0-100% transparency.
I am assuming that the removal of CMI (Copyright Management Information) laws apply to video as well as photos.
It's definitely a good idea to watermark video and to put copyright and contact information in the video's metadata.
(by the way there's loads more great copyright info on that site)
Thanks for posting that Nick. Very interesting reading. By the way, for Mac folk, clicking on Option/G will create the copyright symbol. It is also in the fonts under 'special characters'
Steve
By the way, for Mac folk, clicking on Option/G will create the copyright symbol. It is also in the fonts under 'special characters'Steve
AAAAAHHHHHAAAAA !!! Kinda like Homer's "Any Key."
Unh, thanks... >> Like, I knew I'd figure out MAC special characters SOME day, but was NOT wanting to ask, LOL... <<
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.