Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Which Teleconverter?

Started by james ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Which Teleconverter?

5 posts
  1. I am looking for a 2x and a 1.4x teleconverter to try with the 105AF-D

     

    Which one to get? I understand that some of them only work with AFS lenses.

     

    And of course the Nikon ones are twice as expensive...

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Kenko Pro 300 2X

     

    I use it mostly with my 80-200mm AF-D these days.

  3. I got that one too. Happy with the results. I think you will have the same problem with any TC, in the sense that unless U are in super bright light levels, the auto focus is basically useless at full macro / focus.

     

    I generally lock it any way and manually focus which works well, and am happy with the results.

  4. Jessops do a cracker James, I use it with my Minolta for super macro and I'm getting one for the Nikon & Canon too. They retail at £74.00 and offers full auto.

  5. ex.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.