Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

question for S 2 users

Started by Chris Bangs ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

question for S 2 users

2 posts
  1. Hello, all

     

    I have decided to make the digital leap. I am seriously looking at the Fuji S 2 which I will stuff in the "soon to be released" Aquatica housing. I have a slightly non underwater question

     

    1) Will the S 2 accept a Non Ai mount. I hope to use the camera with a Bowens Slide duplicator to digitize my entire underwater library. The duplicator uses a bellows assembly which incorporates a simple Nikon bayonet mount which is non-Ai.

     

    Kindest regards

     

    Chris Bangs

  2. Hi Chris Welcome back to Wetpixel,

     

    Ouch, I had to open the manual for this one!

     

    According to Page 19, non-Ai lenses will not work on the S2. It will most likely give you an ERR message.

     

    The manual does say that you can use the bellows attachment PB-6 (I don't know what that is but thought I'd try to help) Here's a thread on DPreview.com that might help (I just did a search on bellows in the fuji forum):

     

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp...message=3952491

     

    picture.JPG

     

    PS, I hope you like the Aquatica housing for the S2 - then you can tell all the UW-Photo folks how nice it is...:-)

     

    Sincerely

    James Wiseman

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.