Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Model releases

Started by Cal ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Model releases

5 posts
  1. Hey guys,

     

    What would happen if a model suffered an accident during a photoshoot?

     

    For example, I want to try a deep water pool shot. The model would be at about 5m down and proberbly breathing off SCUBA. If the model embolized on the way up , what would happen to me?

     

    I know it varies from country to country

     

    I can also imagine their being variation in the legal outcome if she was being paid or volunteering (TFP?)

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

  2. I would advice to take a good freediver instead, or to tie down the model to the bottom :)

  3. I can't speak for what would happen in Australia - but a lot of "bad stuff" would probably happen here in the states.

     

    I guess you could get some kind of liability release like the Scuba operators use, but personally if it's that hazardous, do you want an untrained model doing it? If she's being paid, then you have an obligation here in the states to provide a safe workplace.

     

    When I started doing commercial shoots, I obtained some liability insurance through The Hartford for about $400/year. It covers liability for commercial photoshoots, in case someone trips on a cord, etc.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. ah cool!

     

    I probably won't ever use scuba. Free diving is so much easy in most regards. It's still interesting to know though.

     

    If a model signs a model release, I think you could be fried if she was injured..... note to self - get model to sign model release as she leaves the premises :)

  5. Get the model a SCUBA certification. Or make sure she is certified a "prep" would not be sufficient

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.