Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

tiny nudi? worm? roatan.

Started by dspphoto ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

tiny nudi? worm? roatan.

3 posts
  1. My friend Chris found these guys yesterday afternoon in about 25 feet of water in Roatan. They move (surprisingly quickly) like a slug and are very small. Probably a millimeter or possibly 2. Showing the photo around West End didn't help with ID so I thought I'd bring it to you. First, the shot of the coral they were on:

     

    http://pa.photoshelter.com/image/I0000Ki4oHKMOEcU

     

    And here is the crop showing two of them, one from the top, one from the side:

     

    http://pa.photoshelter.com/image/I0000KG_lAduBzNo

     

    Any info would be cool. Thanks in advance.

     

    dano

  2. I'm not positive since the pic is so small but I think you have something similar to the acoel flatworms I photographed in the BIV - http://www.nhm.org/guana/bvi-invt/bvi-surv...-i01/h0728b.htm

     

    I knew I could rely on this place. Thanks Leslie. I'll try to get a better shot over the summer but I suspect that with my g9 this is about as good as I'm going to get. I showed your post to the DM who found them and he was super happy to have more info.

     

    Cheers.

     

    d

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.